Discover More About a New Qualification from Pera
Pera Training, the UKs leading provider of manufacturing apprenticeships, EAL Ltd, and the Oxfordshire LEP, in partnership with a number of employers have developed a new Higher Apprenticeship in Research and Development (R&D) to help address the severe skills shortage in the R&D sector.
The higher apprenticeship in R&D, the equivalent of a degree, will provide employees and young people with access to a nationally recognised qualification and new vocational career path in the important growth sectors of Science, Engineering and Technology.
While R&D investment in the UK remains high there are no vocational qualifications which specifically support R&D, and only a handful of qualifications, which contain a small element of relevant skills. This qualification sits within Semta’s Advanced Manufacturing Higher Apprenticeship Framework, and will allow employers to focus resources on the skills that will help lead to growth and economic recovery.
After a period of extensive employer consultations, the findings have been consolidated into a qualification structure. Further refinement will be taking place in the near future to ensure the new qualification will increase skills levels in the STEM sector whilst also adding value and competiveness to businesses both large and small.
Prior to official launch in September 2012, you can be one of the first to discover more about this exciting new qualification, and how your business can benefit from being part of a new regime in higher education.
5th July - 09.30 – 13.30 (Registration 09.00) Milton Park Innovation Centre, 99 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4RY
Higher Apprenticeship’s are a very real alternative option to University and offer:
- A valuable alternative for the recruitment and development of highly-skilled employees.
- Provides opportunities for earning whilst obtaining a nationally recognised qualification
- The R&D Higher Apprenticeship Pathway is unique, highly relevant and sows knowledge and competence based seeds needed to develop a mindset primed to enable personal and corporate, and economic growth.
- Integrated Innovation and Commercialisation unit – designed to encourage and connect creativity with the importance of follow through to generate success.
- Designed as a combined qualification – effectively one qualification covering both competence and knowledge units – providing easier delivery, flexibility and one portfolio.
Places are limited and following significant interest in this new qualification we are expecting places at each event to fill quickly.
To book your place contact:
Or visit their website: www.peratraining.com