Primary role: To develop a pipeline of therapeutic viruses for the treatment of cancer and infections disease. This will involve the design and development of targeted adenovirus and other vital vectors capable of repeat vaccination in the face of neutralising anti-vector antibodies
Level: Post-doctoral scientist, Independant and self-motivated, this post could develop into a team leader role as the company grows. Minimum requirement is a PhD in Immunology or virology.
Experience: Design and use of recombinant viral vectors or viral vaccines, knowledge of innate immunology and TLRs would also be beneficial.
The ideal candidate will have the following expertise and demonstrable experience:
1. Broad understanding of immunology and immunological techniques, including T cell biology, NK cells, vaccine biology, ELISPOT, ELISA and virus specific immunology
2. Familiarity and prior experience with viral vectors in construction and use
3. A self-sufficent scientist. Able to use the literature or contacts in the field in order to learn new techniques or solve problems
4. Communication and teamwork: The candidate should demonstrate the ability to work in a team and communicate clearly with both scientists and non scientists
5. Laboratory work: The ideal candidate will relish the opportunity for hands on laboratory/practical work as well as consulting and desk based work. At least 70% of time will be based in the laboratory
6. Specific knowledge and experience in any of the fields of TLR (Toll-Like-Receptors), Influenza or respiratory vaccines, Cancer Vaccines and Oncolytic viruses and/ or innate immunology is highly desirable
7. A good track record of publications and conference presentation; a highly networked individual, ideally in both academic and industrials (pharma and biotech) sectors
Please send cover letter and CV to apply to email@example.com and add ' Senior Virologist/ Immunologist' in the subject of your email
**Please not the unless you specify in your email, all applications will be kept on the confidentials company database in case of future vacancy opportunities**