Design and Build
New industrial and warehouse design & build opportunities for lease or potentially sale from 10-70,000 sq ft (929-6,500 sq m).
MEPC owns a number of plots within Hillington Park which either already have planning consent for Class 5 and 6 (Industrial and Warehousing) uses or are zoned as suitable for such. The sites are generally already serviced with most having frontage onto adopted roads and all offering close connections to drainage, power, gas and broadband telecommunications infrastructure.
MEPC always ensures its new development schemes offer high quality space for occupiers which afford both flexibility and efficiency of use. The benefit to an occupier in choosing a pre-let/design and build rout is to offer input at design stage so that the building meets its exact requirements in layout, design and finishes.
Typical key criteria for industrial/warehouse customers include: warehouse dimensions, yard size, capacity of electricity and gas supplies and extent of office accommodation.
Whilst the lead-in time for a customer from initial search to physical occupation will be inevitably longer than one which is purely focused on existing buildings, the key driver for a pre-let/design and build is that the building can be designed from scratch to house your business.
Typical MEPC specification to meet institutional standard criteria:
Warehouses Industrial Area
• Structural steel portal frame with minimum 6m eaves height
• Fully insulated profiled sheeting to external walls and roof
• Sectional overhead loading doors
• Floor loading capacity of minimum 30kn/m2
• Suspended sodium lighting
• Internal dado wall
• 10-15% open plan office accommodation
• Suspended ceilings and recessed LG3 lighting
• Heating via low pressure hot water system and perimeter radiators
• Carpet tiles throughout
• Male, female and disabled toilets
• DDA compliant
• Large concrete yard secured with palisade fencing
• Private car parking
• Landscaped grounds
• Estate CCTV monitored on site
• Proximity to public transport services serving Hillington Park, Glasgow