Industrial Units To Let Warrington
Are you currently looking for an industrial estate in Warrington with some of the best, high quality and cheap industrial units and warehouses Warrington has to offer? Then Birchwood Park could be just what you have been searching for. Birchwood Park is a 123 acre industrial estate and business park located in to the North East of Warrington town centre. We are a well established industrial and business location with over a decade of strong growth and an established business community with excellent transport links across Warrington.
At MEPC we understand that location and transport links are vital for industrial, warehouse and distribution related industries and that’s why all our industrial estates and business parks have some of the best transport links in the UK. At Birchwood Park all our warehousing and industrial units are conveniently located very close to both the M6 (Junction 21a) and M62 (Junction 10) motorways. We are conveniently located in the middle of one of the largest population centres in the UK with easy distribution links to Liverpool, Manchester, Wigan, Bolton, Preston and Chester in the local vicinity and easy motorway access to Leeds, Birmingham and Scotland to the North.
Why choose Warrington for your warehousing or industrial unit needs?
- Less than 30 minuets from Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton, Chester
- Located in easy reach of four major UK motorways; The M6 serving North and South, M62 serving east and west, M56 for North Wales and the M60 Manchester orbital.
- Located centrally between the two international airports of Manchester and Liverpool
- Excellent public transport with main line west coast railways running through Warrington from London to Glasgow
- A large labour force of approx 23 million
- Approx 30,000 businesses within the sub-regions of Warrington with approx 20% in Transport, Manufacturing and Industrial related sectors
Birchwood Park currently has a large number of industrial sector occupiers here in Warrington, including:
- Northwest Cargo Limited
- Skillray Transport Services Ltd
- AEA Technology PLC
- Twinwall Fixings (UK) Limited
- United Fleet Distribution
- Amec Nuclear UK Ltd
- Ashstead Plant Hire Co Ltd
- Cogsys Ltd
- ESR Technology Limited
History of Industry and Technology on Birchwood Park, Warrington
From 1939 until its closure in 1945 the site at Birchwood near Warrington was developed and used by the Royal Ordnance Filling Factory as part of its industrial 1300 acre site where shells and bombs were filled and assembled. During the period 1946 until 1961 part of the site was used by the Admiralty as main storage depot for the north of England. The balance of the site was developed by the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) for research and development in the nuclear energy industry.
In 1998 MEPC Birchwood Park Estates Limited acquired an area of some 65 acres (26.3 hectares) from UKAEA. In the following year a further 41.3 acres (16.7 hectares) of adjoining land was purchased from AEA Technology Ltd and the development programme commenced that continues today to create the North West’s leading industrial, warehousing and business lettings park right here in Warrington.
Industrial Estate/ Units To Let/Rent Warrington | Cheap Warehouses Warrington